When I first began to upgrade and transition my lifetyle back in 2007, I was very inspired by the stories of a number of people who had gone before me.
One of those people was Dr Ann Wigmore, a Lithuanian–American “holistic health” practitioner and raw food advocate.
Dr. Ann Wigmore founded the original Hippocrates Health Institute in Boston, MA in 1961, and served as its director through 1980, before opening the Ann Wigmore Natural Health Institute in Puerto Rico which I would love to visit.
Tragically, Dr Wigmore died in a fire when she was 84 years old, at peak health, and with more energy than many 20-year-olds!
A key contributor to Dr Wigmore’s super energy was her Energy Soup which has helped 1000s of people dramatically improve their health over the year.
Energy Soup isn’t for everyone
I’ll be honest, for many people, Dr. Wigmore’s Energy Soup is a bit of an acquired taste. To put it another way, I’ve had guests who have spat it out with a look of horror on their face. Clearly this isn’t the outcome you’re looking for, so I’d recommend that you refine the ingredients to get the taste you like. As I’ve been drinking green smoothies for years now, my taste has adapted and I can tolerate very bitter foods, no problem. For others who are more accustomized to sweeter foods, the bitter version might be too much to bear until your taste buds have adapted too.
It’s Super Easy to Make
I’m no Chef, but running Caterer & Hotelkeeper for a number of years, plus working for SumoSalad has brought me into the path of some amazing chefs who have taught me a thing or two. The good news is that Energy Soup is easy to prepare, easy to ‘cook’ and easy to digest.
Ingredients you’ll need
- 1 1/2 cups Rejuvelac
- 1 teaspoon dulse flakes
- 1 to 2 apples, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup sunflower sprouts
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup buckwheat sprouts (optional)
- 1 avocado
- If you like savoury seasonings, add garlic, and sea salt to taste (I add several cloves of garlic, but again, not everyone will like that)
What to do with all of those ingredients
- Combine the Rejuvelac and dulse in a blender and process for about 30 seconds.
- Add the apples and pulse to combine. Add the spinach and pulse until chopped.
- Add the sunflower sprouts and optional buckwheat sprouts and pulse until coarsely chopped.
- Add the avocado and pulse until the soup is the desired consistency.
- Pour into a glass or bowl and serve. Store in a sealed glass container in the refigerator, Dr. Wigmore’s Energy Soup will keep for 7 to 10 days.
Recipe shared via: https://karynraw.com/dr-wigmores-energy-soup/