Mindful of my 2014 new year’s resolution, I wanted to share my experience with you just in case you’re in that part of the world. I have to say that Evanston is a lovely place, situated right on the north shore of the Lake. It was a beautiful day too, so i saw it at its best!
I ordered miso soup following by lentil salad. It was delicious, although not the largest portion in the world, even by British standard, and in America, I have been so used to getting dishes just for me which could easily feed a family of four!
Needless to say, there was plenty of room for dessert which I don’t usually order, but that day i ordered their apple crumble which was delicious.
So what did I think overall.
Do go if:
- You’re with non-veggie people and you want to show that veggie food can be delicious
- You love nice settings and pleasant waiters
- If you’re into a mixed menu – the menu had influences from all parts of the world
- You love stories – the Blind Faith Cafe has its roots in a love story
Don’t go if:
- If you’re very hungry as the portions aren’t the largest by British standards, let alone American standards